Imperial Barber Products
After 26 years working behind the barber’s chair, veterans Pedro Zermeno and Scott Serrata set out to perfect the craft of classic men’s grooming products. Recently launched under the moniker Imperial Barber Products USA, the pair developed and tested a selection designed with performance and functionality in mind.
“We feel that shaving shouldn’t be a chore, rather something to look forward to a few times a week,” Pedro told us. “It isn’t an art, but rather a utility craft that warrants high-performance products that are simple, pragmatic and utilize cosmetic grade ingredients.”
The concept for the brand began out of need. As professionals in the industry, they didn’t feel there were existing barber products that used cosmetic grade ingredients, were made in America, worked properly and appealed to the guy who respects heritage and classic men’s styling.
“With Imperial, no corners were cut or time frames rushed during the development process. All products were laboriously tested and refined by our team of real barbers on real customers. We use only the finest components and strict small batch quality control for consistency and effectiveness.” All Imperial products are paraben free, sulfate free, silicon free and mineral oil free.
Following Pedro’s recommended five-step shave process, we tested the Imperial Glycerin Shave/Face Soap ($12), Pre-Shave Oil ($12) and Bergamot After-Shave ($10). The result was a smooth, close shave that left our face feeling clean and fresh throughout the day.
1. Pre-wash the face. Remove dirt and grime with Imperial Glycerin Shave/Face Soap.
2. Prep the beard. Apply one full droplet of Imperial Pre-Shave Oil and massage into wet beard to create a barrier between face and blade.
3. Lather up. Use Imperial Glycerin Shave/Face Soap to create a foam and massage into a wet beard.
4. Shave with preferred razor.
5. After-shave. Rinse face and apply a heaping of Imperial Bergamot After-Shave. Acts as an antiseptic, cools, tones, hydrates and restores balance by calming and closing pores.
The recently launched Imperial Barber Products shaving line is now available on their website, along with their specialized pomades, fiber grease and information on upcoming grooming products.